Today, AAA AUGER Austin plumber encourages you to celebrate World Water Day. The purpose of World Water Day is to bring attention to the importance of freshwater and sustainable freshwater resources for future generations. This year’s theme is “Water and Food Security.”
According to UN Water, a key promoter of World Water Day, there are currently seven billion people on earth, with an expected two billion to bring the population to nine billion by 2050. In considering whether sufficient resources will exist to support our growing population, statistics like these are alarming.
Everyone can take part in World Water Day by making an effort to save water.
AAA AUGER recommends two major tasks you can do to save water. The first task is replacing old toilets with new, water efficient models. Water efficient toilets can save multiple gallons of water per flush. We also suggest checking for leaks as a major task to save water. Your water bill is a great indicator for leaks; if it is higher than normal, you probably have a leak. We advise you to check for leaks on a periodic basis. At AAA AUGER, we are also glad to help you with your efforts to conserve water. Give us a call to replace your old toilets or check for leaks. We offer 24 hours plumbing to best assist you.
In addition to our major ways to reduce water consumption, here are a variety of common conservation efforts that can help:
- Reduce your time spent in the shower
- Keep water turned off while brushing your teeth
- Don’t let the water run while washing your dishes
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean your driveway
- Give previously existing fish tank water to your plants when you replace the water
- Wash your car on the lawn, so the excess water can be used to water it
Don’t forget to also consider food sustainability. Here are some helpful ways to secure food for future generations from UN Water:
- “Follow a healthier, sustainable diet”
- “Consume less water-intensive products”
- “Reduce the scandals food wastage: 30% of the food produced worldwide is never eaten and the water used to produce it is definitely lost”
- “Produce more food, of better quality, with less water”
Today, AAA AUGER Austin plumber encourages you to not only celebrate World Water Day, but to also think about the little and big changes you can make to support a globally sustainable lifestyle.
What efforts are you making to conserve water?