AAA AUGER Plumbing Tulsa 10 Fun Facts About Plumbing
AAA AUGER Plumbing Tulsa introduces 10 fun facts about plumbing you might not know:
- Mario and Luigi from the Super Mario Brothers series by Nintendo remain the world’s most famous plumbers.
- President Nixon created White House Special Investigations Unit called “plumbers” to plug intelligence leaks in government actions related to the Vietnam War.
- In Japan, some urinals can flush in response to voice-activated commands.
- Albert Einstein was named an honorary member of the Plumbers and Steamfitters Union after saying, “If I had my life to live over again, I’d be a plumber.”
- The term “plumber” is derived from “plumbrum,” the Latin word for lead.”
- Copper piping, which remains the #1 material used for plumbing today, is the same material used to lay pipes in ancient Egypt.
- The majority of toilets flush in the key of E flat.
- Archaeologists trace indoor plumbing back to 2500 B.C.E after finding a water plumbing system in the Pyramid of Cheops in Egypt.
- Low flush toilets can save up to 18,000 gallons of water per year.
- In 1956, Sir John Harington received credit for inventing the first flushable toilet, nicknamed “the John.”